Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Road To Portland

Alright I know it's cliche for a girl to say she loves shopping but, I LOVE SHOPPING. I can't help it. I have tried not to love it so much but It has been a life long love affair. When I was younger I would spend hours looking at my self in the 3 way mirror. My mother could comfortably shop without worry, she knew exactly where I was and would peel me away when we left. I'm sure I looked pretty funny watching 1 million "little Me's" do as I told them.
Not me, obviously...

Now I have out grown the wonder of such a mirror but the love for the mall has remained. With Christmas fast approaching and my desire to explore the world outside our home increasing, Matthew and I decided to travel to Portland with William. It would be his first adventure further then his usual 30 min ratios from our home.

Everything we choose to expose William to is his perception of the world and I couldn't wait to show him there are much better places then Costco and Target... although still dear to my heart.

Its about a 2 hour drive to Portland which accommodates his nap schedule and he complied perfectly.



When we arrived I nursed William in the car. This was possibly the most eventful part of the trip, or rather when Matt changed his diaper on the passenger seat. Just a heads up... Civics are not really built to accommodate your diapering needs.  Some how Matt managed to change him without getting poop on the seat.... I cannot say the same for his hand. 

On the way back from the mall we took a wrong turn and realized we were really close to the Portland temple.






So we drove by to take a closer look.

Yes, it's safe to say that I fell in love with the city and its beautiful surroundings. I hope to return again soon and do some more shopping. 






























No comments:

Post a Comment