Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Monday, December 12, 2011

Going Green- A Rant

No longer just a coloUr, "Green" has branded environmentalism. 



Similar to the colour pink which has taken over the world in fighting breast cancer. Breast Cancer is a very important cause that I am not trying to poke fun of, but I believe there are other types of cancer too....? I am no longer sure. 

Anyway, I consider myself to be moderately "green."  I recycle, use energy efficient light bulbs, never buy styrofoam, carry around a re-usable water bottle EVERYWHERE I go, never litter... I have even been known to hug a tree or two. I don't think you can truly say you are from Victoria if you haven't...


And secretly I want this shirt.

So when I see people using a bike to get around instead of a giant SUV or truck I think, way to go! BUT when a bike pretends it is a car/pedestrian it drives me insane. 



That's right SHARE. So when you are on a bike and decide to use the middle of the lane which is designed for a motorized vehicle remember, a car is and always will be a car!  No matter the size it CAN run you over and kill you. 

Also, these signals are designed for you- USE THEM


 So to all the cyclists in Eugene... Thank you for "going green" and helping out the environment but remember you are not a car so move over and you are not a pedestrian so you don't have the right-of-way. 

Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment