Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Christmas for Three


Our first Christmas as three was spent together in Eugene. Despite being without our extended family I think we had the best Christmas we could as a little family.
The lead up to Christmas is just as fun as Christmas morning for me and this season we kept up with some fun family traditions.

Advent Calenders!
I am sure many of your homes were accompanied by these little miracles in December. I am still looking for a chocolate 12 month calendar.... 
When I was really young I remember having to SHARE one of these with my sister. Mom was always trying to limit our sugar intake. Once I was a little older we each got one. Never have I been so excited to eat pour quality chocolate then when I get to open these. 

Last year matt and I surprised each other and put out our stockings in the middle of the night while the other was sleeping. Since the middle of the night has taken on a new meaning with a new born we decided to put the stockings out earlier in the night.

William has been getting up at 8 for the last few weeks and we assumed this would be the same for christmas.... Wrong! 5:15 surprise. It seems he caught a bit of the Christmas spirit and wanted to see what Saint Nick brought him. When I got up to feed him we decided that after Will had breakfast we might as well do the same. So at 6 30 we sat down to our Christmas breakfast of bacon and french toast. Too early to have bacon?

Lemon French Toast with Bacon.

Not on Christmas :)

This was just the beginning of our gluttony... I don't think we have stopped eating since. 

We got dressed and ready for church.




And then came home to eat some more.

Christmas day has always been the day to marvel over presents that Santa brought but it has been a long time since santa brought toys to play with. This year Santa brought "me" a special power cord to take me back to a simpler time.


Nintendo! and let me tell you there is a lot less fighting over mushrooms and levels when you play with your husband and not your sister :) I basically suck at the new video games but this has come right back to me- down to all the little secret passages and tricks. Good idea Santa.

That evening we had a feast. Prime rib roast and yorkshire pudding. It was my first time cooking both but I'd say our english feast turned out pretty good. 








No comments:

Post a Comment