Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

First Impressions

Here are a few things I have learned about William in his first days of life. 

-He HATES being naked. This includes diaper changes or baths. He is much like his mother and clearly hates being cold at any point. 

-He has gas, LOTS of gas (much like his father....j/k)... Sometimes he will wake up with a high pitch squeal only to let out a massive burp or surprisingly loud toot. This is usually accompanied by some hilarious facial expressions or the "gas shimmy" which is compiled of outrageous body contortions. I realize its probably unkind to laugh at his pain but he looks so cute. 

-Being swaddled is the best. Naps are always longer and sounder when a good swaddle has been implemented. This probably has to do with the fact that he likes sleeping with his arms up around his face and will punch him self awake.

- He hates his crib, in fact it is what I use to wake him up for a feeding. His record is 20 mins in the crib. BIG thanks to Kourtney for the baby chair/bouncer which is what he sleeps in for hours.



- He loves walks and so do I because my feet no longer swell up during or after them. Today was his first walk, it was a beautiful fall day and he liked observing the leaves on the trees. 


-Eating is hard work and sometimes he will fall asleep while I try and burp him. He could sleep like this for hours.
please excuse how tired I look in this picture-I was!

- Yes there are socks on his hands in most of the pictures we have. He will scratch his face and eyes in seconds if given the chance.


-Sometimes he likes to just stare at who ever is holding him. I will tell him its not polite to stare later on but for now I love it. 

-He loves a good snuggle with Daddy when he comes home. 


-He is also a great snuggler with Nanny and is so happy she came to help take care of him.


I love this little boy and am so excited to see how his personality evolves.








4 comments:

  1. Did you recover your lampshade? It's the same fabric as the pillows on my couch! Good taste Shemma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You are doing amazing. William is so fortunate to have such awesome parents. All the best for you 3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I did cover the lamp shades. You know I thought that fabric looked familiar. Thanks Julianne.

    ReplyDelete