Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pregnancy with 30 days left!

OK so yesterday was 30 days and counting but I didn't get around to blogging and it sounds like more of a milestone then 29 days so whatever.

I am not going to pretend that my pregnancy has been horrible- It's been ok. Im not going to tell you that I like being pregnant -I don't. But, I am having some mixed emotions now that I am so close to the end.

Here are some Pro's and Con's to pregnancy that I have discovered.

CON. Lack of bladder control. Before I was pregnant, I determined my bathroom breaks. I could hold it if there were unfavorable bathroom conditions. Now I pee constantly!! And because we did a lot of driving this summer I have used some of the sketchiest restrooms ever. Normally I make Matt stand close by for fear it may be the next murder scene. Sketchy bathrooms really freak me out!!



Side note, everyone told me this problem only gets worse as time goes on... FALSE I am 4 weeks away from my due date and have been peeing every 20 mins ever since I found out I was pregnant.

PRO. It is socially expectable for me to be snacking ALL THE TIME. I have decided that my normal eating routine was pretty close to a pregnant woman anyway, but now I can embrace it. It's ok to open up a loud granola bar rapper in the middle of church and believe me I do.

CON. Exercising is tough work! At the beginning I had visions of being a totally fit pregnant woman. Slowly I discovered that my body was not cooperating. If any of you have pushed your body its safe to say that the things that might make you stop running would be your lungs- to catch your breath or your heart- to slow it down. I am used to these sensations. I am not used to my hips aching or my back KILLING after a simple walk.

PRO. People tell you that you look great even though you have gained 20 pounds and counting.

CON. You gain 20 pounds and counting.

PRO.  Your husband paints your toes when you can't reach them for extended periods of time. This could be a con too I guess but Matt does a great job.

                                                                    What a sweetie



CON. I used to wake up dreaming of dinner and what to make. Now I hate making dinner and can never think of what I would like. As a result multi grain cheerios have been either breakfast, lunch or dinner. Thank you multigrain cheerios for getting me through my entire pregnancy. I don't think I will ever eat you again but it's been great.

PRO. I have not really experienced any crazy food cravings except that one time I NEEDED chinese food which is so out of character, yuk!  Basically if you're pregnant and say you feel like any type of food and your husband will go out and get it. Even during commercials when ice cream sounds like a good idea.

CON. Lack of stomach muscles, ok ZERO stomach muscles. Sometimes I get stuck when trying to get out of bed. If you have ever seen a turtle on its back trying to get over it's a pretty accurate visual of me.

PRO. Second table for second dinner.






CON. Your cloths stop fitting. I have had the worse luck with maternity cloths and I hate them all. Who wants to spend a lot of money on cloths that make you look like a tent. As a result I have very limited wardrobe

PRO. When you cry in the fitting room just looking at yourself in maternity wear you can leave and look at cute baby cloths. Everything is adorable in miniature and it cheers you right up.

CON. Your feet swell up when you stand for long periods of time and flip flops are the only shoe of choice/comfort/necessity. Also my fingers have begun to swell and I can no longer wear my wedding ring- sad.

PRO. You get to make all sorts of fun crafts for the baby. Here are some onesies that I have decorated.


This picture was before I hand stitched all around them but you get the idea.  I'm not done making them either! They are so cute and addictive to make. 

even though I just stated a PRO I will end on another one. You get to be apart of bringing a little person into this world. Its a miracle in so many ways and although I am very uncomfortable and don't want to do this again for a LONG time, It's pretty amazing.  I can't wait for the biggest PRO yet, our little boy. 

So here I am. 36 weeks along, 4 weeks left to go, 8 months passed, 1 million boxes of multigrain cheerios consumed.

1 comment:

  1. love it.
    Pro's and Con's list are fulfilling in a way. I made one when I was overdue, and I felt better after. Check it out, it's on my blog. So excited for you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete