Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Monday, April 9, 2012

Week Two

What do you mean this post should have been written a week ago? No, Jillian Micheals has not killed me... yet (although I came close to cardiac arrest this morning.)
One of the curses of being tall is lower  back pain. Personally, I also have scoliosis... add that with birthing a child, carrying around a heavy baby and turning 26 (basically decomposing) = serious back pain and the inability to stand up straight... . BUT I am back at it and Jillian is the name I curse daily. Curse you JILLIAN!

I just started week three this morning and have come to the conclusion she is mentally unstable. Am I ripped? No. But perhaps if I was physically able to do ALL the exercises I would be. None the less I am feeling stronger and determined. Here are a few new healthy recipes that we tried over the last week.


Snacks- Ok hear me out.... baby carrots dipped in almond butter. Sounds crazy but even Matt was shoveling them back. SO YUMMY! We also tried Kale chips which was a giant fail ... I might have burnt them. Either way I know people who love them so maybe you're one of them.

Lunch/Dinner

Turkey basil meatloaf. I got the recipe from the Planet Organic cookbook. If anyone wants it I can send it to you. I cooked it in muffin tins and then "frosted" them with mashed potatoes/yams. I thought it was pretty cute. This cooked SO much faster (20 mins) and was a great portion size already.

Cayenne-rubbed chicken with avocado salsa  SO yummy and really easy/quick to make. I served it over quinoa and cooked the onions instead of raw in the salsa. This is defiantly a new go-to recipe.

How is everyone else doing? I am thinking of doing the 30 day shred after this. Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. I got the 30 day shred. I thought I would shred before I got ripped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is it? Is she killing you?? I wish we lived closer so we could just switch out the DVD's. I might do the yoga one that Laura has.... to help out my back. I am limping straight into Dr. Gainor's office AS SOON as I cross the boarder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't started it yet. I ordered it online, it should be showing up any day now. I want to lose as much as possible before I try to get pregnant again.

    ReplyDelete