Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Monday, April 2, 2012

Sass is genetic- watch out!

Our first family dog was Higgins. He was as regal as his name suggests, he could hardly be bothered by other canines. When sitting, his legs were crossed neatly over one another. Everything changed of course when he saw a squirrel but for the most part he was quite collected.


Higgins had a very sensitive stomach and would vomit during the night unless we gave him a bed time snack of dry toast. I grew up believing every pet received a bed-time snack. One night the duty of preparing the toast was delegated to me, just before breaking the toast up and putting it in Higgins gold dog bowl my dad stopped me and said, "He likes it toasted darker then that." With as much sass as my pre-teen slef could muster (a LOT) I rolled my eyes and replied, "Really dad, he tell you that?"
Argument won.

Now when I tell you my 5 month old son has a favorite book you might think the same thing, "Really, did he tell you that?" the answer is yes.



Looks like sass is genetic. Let the fun begin!


1 comment:

  1. I haven't laughed this hard in a while. It's perfect! I don't blame him... Brown Bear, excellent choice. :)

    ReplyDelete