Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Spider: 3 Matt: 0

I HATE bugs! ALL of them. A spider might just be the highest ranked on my hate list... well a close second to flying bugs- you just never know where those are going to land.
Anyway, Eugene is packed full of bugs and a few of them live just outside our front door... or they used to. Today Matt came home for lunch with fire in his eyes declaring that he was going to, "destroy" each spider. His weapon of choice- a hanger. Feeling accomplished he returned minutes later telling bloody tales of revenge.  So why is the score 3:0 with spider in the lead?
About a week ago I noticed a new neighbor, lets call him Lance- the spider. Every time I open the door Lance is in clear view but as I start to walk out the door he quickly hides away in his spiderly home (a door seam) I don't mind Lance because he is obviously intimidated by humans and knows his place in the food chain. Lance would never attack me or try to scurry into our warm home. Lance respects the line and has witnessed the death of others foolish enough to cross the line.
Matt sees Lance as a fail on an other wise perfect score of spider murders. Consequently, Matt has tried to out smart Lance by quickly opening the door in hopes to catch him. His attempts so far have been in vain.
Lance:3 Matt:0

2 comments:

  1. In my case it would be bugs 0 Trisha 3 remember that day at the office...haha. How would the hanger be an efficient tool in killing bugs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would argue that the hanger is a perfect tool! The spiders (and their eggs.... gross) were in the rafters of the roof that cover our porch, so I needed an extension that made it so I could reach that high and get into the creases of the wood... The hanger fulfilled all my needs and was conveniently the closet thing available. It worked so well that I have left it outside for when the next spiders move in.

    PS Lance showed himself and died via flip-flop this evening... RIP

    PSS Eat at Bombay house for us, we miss it dearly...

    PSSS We also miss you dearly :)

    ReplyDelete