Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Monday, October 10, 2011

The fruits of my "self improvement fund"

When Matt and I first got married I really wanted to decorate our apartment and because we were broke I really needed to find a way to "sell" the idea to Matt. I coined the term "Self Improvement Fund". I remember having a more convincing argument that won him over but I forget it now. Anyway I continue to tap into this "self improvement fund" for things like a gym membership or lately my endless baby projects.  

Every time I see a sewing project or craft I think, Oh that doesn't look hard, I can do it. Thanks a lot pintrest... And yes I CAN make it but It's going to be an emotional ride filled with frustration. Nothing really makes me as instantly upset as a sewing machine. Understandably so because my knowledge of the sewing machine ends after I thread it. Why can't I just be honest with myself and buy these crafts or projects. It would save me a lot of emotional stress and I get to shop. Win Win

Despite knowing all these things about myself, somewhere in my brain I feel I will be a better mother if I fabricate some of the baby necessities. Stupid I know. 

Have you ever gone into a fabric store trying to find "manly" baby fabric? Its near to impossible!  Matt straight up laughed when he called me and I told him I was looking for a manly polka dot. The fabric is either WAY to cheesy or just plain ugly. Going to the fabric store is the only time I think maybe it would be more fun to have a girl. Anyway I had been looking for weeks and finally found something workable.                      

                                                     Hello robots. 



Side note, I have recently been falling in love with the forgotten color orange.  Hence this onesie 


I cannot wait to make him wear this! 

Anyway, after some tears (probably due to way too many hormones- I just burst spontaneously now) and a broken seam ripper, I finished my project. 









I did it!  Then I remembered the satisfaction of completing a sewing project and realized I will do this to myself again and possibly soon. Self improvement after all. 

3 comments:

  1. Looks great, I LOVE the robots! Let me know if you need any help with sewing... me and claire would love to help.

    ReplyDelete