Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Get Ripped

With summer around the corner who doesn't want to look like a hottie in their suit? Well, I have been thinking about my not-so-hottie-after-baby-body and have become determined to change it. Lets get real, I am not going to be entering to be on the cover of sports illustrated this year...after turning them down continuously they just stopped asking...  BUT, I know that getting into a work out routine always makes me feel great and thats the result I am looking for.

I thought about joining a gym. I LOVE going to the gym. There is something about other people working out around me that makes me competitive and push myself even further then I would normally. The last gym Matt and I joined had a "cardio cinema" and man did I run fast while watching 007. No one could convince me that I wasn't James Bond in those moments. Getting to the gym now is a different story. Any time where I could get out of the house without William, Matt is at school studying... So I thought I would try the whole new world of at home fitness.

I have herd that Jillian Michaels has some sweet workouts and lets face it- a rockin' bod. So I am giving it a try. Yesterday I bought

It's always been a dream of mine to be ripped. For now I am going to work on successfully completing one male push-up. Baby steps right? Anyway I am asking for someone who wants to do this with me. I need motivation and accountability. Its a 20 min time commitment each day for 30 days. I did it this morning and have decided I might need to stretch out the week one exercises for the first two weeks because I am incredibly out of shape. So any takers?? I need a work out buddy! Preferably someone who has zero upper body strength like myself ;)

9 comments:

  1. I love you Emma! I wish I was close enough to you to do this. I would make you feel good about your push ups. It is a tall chick thing. There is so much torque on our upper bodies because we are tall. I worked with a variety of fitness instructors 5 times a week for almost 10 months and at the end I still couldn't do a push up. I completely sympathize with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma this post cracks me up as I am sure you had hoped to make people laugh.
    I actually just started doing my J.M. Yoga Meltdown video again with the same "Summer is coming" thoughts along with the girls are almost a year and I still have a few pounds to lose...
    I am proud of my woman pushups that I can do now... because lets face it I don't think I will ever be able to do a man push up...
    Have fun! Too bad you are in Eugene... (I think that is a funny name... I am sure you do too AND I hope you are still there or else I look like a fool).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies you make me feel better about my inability to do a full push-up. Honestly even my half push-ups are pretty pathetic. Amanda we can be long distance partners you should totally buy it too!! and Laura I LOVE yoga is it a good one? Yes, we are still in Eugene and it is a funny name but the one that I like even better is being referred to as an Oregonian I giggle every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could but Im sure by the time I can actually even dream about doing a push up you will be much stronger than I am. I will need to work on my not-so-hottie-after-baby-body as well, you sure have a head start and look amazing as is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed when I read your post because I came home with a JM Ripped Abs dvd a few weeks ago! There's lots of plank moves and my shoulders were killing me for the first few workouts. Loving it though! Lets check in weekly or something. I need the extra motivation too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have another one of her DVD's that I started to do and then stopped. Just this morning I thought alright Rach let's get back on this jillian bandwagon. I'd love to keep tabs with you and email... but let's face it. you look amazing and will always look amazing!
    thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yoga Meltdown I love. It is really effective. I have to say I had never done yoga and perhaps if I had I wouldn't like it. I have done it so many times that I will say in her words "hard core yoga poses with repitition" - its like cardio yoga
    ie you start a pose and then you move in it and then you hold it for 15 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um yes. After spring break - I am so in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We should totally start up a long distance work-out group. We could even include healthy recipes for one another to try! FB group?
    And YES Hollijo!

    ReplyDelete