Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

4 Months!

William is 4 months old today!


It's near impossible to get a picture of this little guy without his fingers in his mouth...
Don't believe me? Here are some of the out-takes from this mornings 4-month-photo-shoot.




If I'm lucky enough to snap a picture when his mouth is not occupied by fingers, they usually turn out like this...


Depressed that I removed his fingers... 


shocked I removed his fingers.


Creeping his fingers back...


Staring at his fingers

And the classic- genuinely unimpressed with the situation pose.


 He probably is annoyed by the camera in his face so he decides to spit up on himself and the couch... hoping I will give up. I did.



SO like I said, William is 4 months old today... even though he is without a picture commemorating this milestone- looking straight at the camera and smiling.

At four months William despises:
Photo shoots.
Getting changed. He will scream murder until you finish.

At four months William can:

 Stand (supported)


Blow bubbles


Talk your ear off!
 I know he's way too young to formulate an actual word but I swear I have herd him say, 
"Yeah" "Hi" and "Hey" clear as day.
I had him in the shopping cart at the grocery store the other day when a man came by and looked in at him. The man said "Hello!" to which William stared up and replied, "Hi." The man stared at me frightened as though I had some fake talking baby doll. It may have been a fluke but I prefer to believe my son is a baby genius, obviously.

Drool when concentrating.


Spit up ALL THE TIME over EVERYTHING
Toot like a grown man
Splash and play during bath-time
Grab his feet
Sleep through the night
Roll over (stomach to back)
Pull Mom's hair
Squeal like a piglet when excited
Smile when you come to play with him or when Dad comes home.

 Matt's parents will talk about baby Matt walking to them with a blanket in his hand (asking to be put down for a nap) Apparently he would look up at you and smile in his crib so much that it was hard to leave him.  When William is tired he gets fussy so I take him into his room, wrap him up in a blanket and read him one more story. After the story is over I give him one last cuddle. He has started to "coo" back to me and smile as I tell him what a good boy he is. He continues "coo-ing" when I put him down. They were right, it is hard to leave! The funny thing is I can't stay and cuddle too long other wise he gets cranky and I have to quickly put him in his crib. I can't believe how much he loves his cribs. He will take it over my arms every time. Little bum. 

At four months William can't 

Get out of his crib, walk to the fridge, grab a bottle, heat it up, eat, and put him self back to sleep. 

But he can and does use his looks and charm to get everything he wants.












No comments:

Post a Comment