Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Best. Halloween. Ever.

Can I talk about Halloween in January?

I have had a rocky relationship with Halloween in the past. It is just not fun unless you put in effort.  I usually view Halloween as the gateway drug to Christmas.  Then I moved to the states and they have thanksgiving so late that it just messed up my normal routine of Christmas cheer.
But I'm over it.
Kind of.

This year we dressed up as Janet Snakehole and Burt Macklin from Parks and Recreation.



Im going to say that no one knew who we were and just assumed that I was a flapper and Matt was an FBI agent.


Janet Snakehole-- a very wealthy widow with a terrible secret



Matt killed it as Burt Macklin/ Chris Pratt

Finding an FBI costume jacket was pretty impossible (last minute on amazon) So I pulled out my felt stash and made my own. I love felt.





This was the fist year that William actually had an opinion on his costume. He wanted to be a race car. Since I felt like constructing a cardboard race car would take too much time and probably end up looking NOTHING like a race car, we settled on a race car driver. Maybe we've been subject to Florida's NASCAR scene for too long already.



Paul got the spiderman costume that William has worn the last two years. It was the first year that they were both so excited and their excitement definitely rubbed off on me.

 

Paul kept touching his chest and saying "SPIDER!"



Candy wasted!

This was at our ward Halloween party and on the actually day, Matt took me to see TAYLOR SWIFT!

Matt totally surprised me and when he told me about the tickets I just started crying. At first he thought he'd done something wrong but I just couldn't contain my excitement and burst into tears. Then I couldn't stop laughing at my own reaction and, well, I was just a lot of emotions.

The car ride there looked a little like this. #noshame



During this time I was desperately trying to win an online lip sync contest for a Sonnet James dress and Matt and I discovered a hidden talent. We did not win but found a new at-home date night activity.






We had horrible seats and the best time.

The concert was in Tampa and so we stayed at my parents condo that night and they babysat the boys at home. We slept in and went out for breakfast the next morning.
Best. Halloween. Ever.

Shout out to the best husband who would have rather gone to a much more manly concert but knew I would love it. He's the best sport. 

We (I) Love you Tay Tay








No comments:

Post a Comment