Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Annual Victoria Visit.

Oh blessed Victoria, how I love thee.

Even though Victoria was not at all on the way from Klamath Falls to St. Cloud, we HAD to make a stop.

Moving day was a bit of a disaster but I'll spare the drama and just say that our hired movers were sub par and the moving company formally apologized, repaired our car they damaged and gifted us a visa gift card. Thank goodness we had amazing friends who rallied around us and helped all day and late into the evening.


Last girls night out in Klamath



This picture was just before we left on our journey. It was about 10:30 pm and we were exhausted. Since there was nothing left in our house and we were anxious to get on the road, we did. Our goal was to make it to at least Eugene but after running into late night road construction we somehow thought it was better to drive through the night than unload everyone and sleep for about four hours and then try to catch the ferry. We drove through the night and made it to almost Seattle as the sun was rising. Ugh.



It was all worth how tired we were once we made it to the ferry. Must be getting old but all nighters aren't as easy as they used to be!






My kids love the ferry


This was one of the few trips back to Victoria that I've been able to spend time with Sylvia and the fist time I got to meet her boy, Dirk. 


It was a great trip (although very short) filled with wonderful people that I don't get to see very often. 


I also thought it would be a good idea to get family photos taken-- this was not a good idea.
My kids were exhausted and cranky and starting to get a cold (which I din't know until the next day when we started our drive across the country)





Also, when taking family photos it might be better to not rely on what you packed in a little suit case.
But really, whatever.











Due to a car running over my cellphone incident in Atlanta Georgia, I don't have any of the pictures that we took on the road.

Sadness.




No comments:

Post a Comment