Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Dramatic reading of Byron Barton's "Machines at work." By William Vickery.


William has always enjoyed reading and demands I read to him an hour a day, usually more. Once Matt comes home, he pretends that I've neglected this need and uses his powers of persuasion on Matt. He has recently been calling the books by their titles and requires a particular order in which they should be read. Note: you can not under any circumstances deviate from this order! It's simply not tolerated and usually ends up with the book forcefully removed from your grasp and the new one inserted into your lap.

I've always enjoyed reading to William but now that I'm pregnant and my feet swell I really love it. William does get frustrated by my growing belly and will sometimes look back at it as if to say, "You're taking my spot and I don't appreciate it."  After a few tries we usually find a way for him to squish that is mostly comfortable for us both.


Yesterday William surprised us both when he busted this out. 



It's times like this where I just sort of stare at him and see the "big kid" he's turing into.

No comments:

Post a Comment