Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Thursday, December 5, 2013

August

I have a lot of catching up to do so I'm going to go quickly. Like ripping off a bandaid.

Lets see. My parents came down in August (that's right, as in 4 months ago and when we were still in Yakima) to watch William while Matt and I took a solo trip to Arizona. This was our first trip without William as well as my first trip to Arizona. Why would anyone visit Arizona in August while pregnant?    
A family wedding of course. Growing up in a "small"/ I thought normal sized family, I've really enjoyed all the social family events Matt's family brings to our calendar. This trip was also the first time we would get to meet the bride-to-be. I already knew I would love her because she is a tall red head which means we are both members in a super elite club. The fact that she was/is awesome was like a fun bonus. 

I've decided that being the wife of the groom's brother is the best title of wedding attendance. You get all the VIP status of close important family with non of the work/stress that comes with being a bridesmaid or bride. 






The celebration was beautiful and the reunion was great fun. I had been trying to hide my pregnancy until after the wedding. Who wants to steal the lime light when a weddings involved? but as you can tell from the pictures it was getting a little harder to do so. Plus I was basically passing out in the heat and was irrationally starving so we let the news slip at the end of our trip. 


Rob and Jessica drove up from California to see us and crash the wedding. We had so much fun with them and I had been super excited about meeting their little boy. I'm sure William would have loved playing with him and I almost felt bad he wasn't there until I thought about the logistical nightmare that is traveling with toddlers and I didn't feel as bad. Plus I knew he was having tons of fun with my parents.


Coming back home was like still being on vacation. My parents had sufficiently spoiled William while we were gone and resumed spoiling us when we got back.





His first happy meal- I hear it went over pretty well. 


Yakima's museum. William was in heaven with all the wheels. 


Pretty sure there was a "don't touch" sign in front of this. 




After the museum we went to lunch at the little diner in the same building.


I asked for some cheese for William and they gave us an entire plate.


He ate the entire plate


because he thought the toothpick provided was pretty awesome.


My parents were visiting over Mom's birthday so we were able to celebrate together and go out for dinner. 


Thanks for being the best babysitters ever!












No comments:

Post a Comment