Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Friday, April 19, 2013

My first 5K

Running. 
It's been an on-again-off-again relationship for years. Mostly off and mostly because I hated it. Then we moved to Eugene (track town USA) where everyone runs, including my close friends. Then the summer Olympics happened and I watched the ladies run/couldn't stop staring at their incredible abs. 
It was then that I decided It was "on again." 

Well it's been months and my abs are no where near Allyson Felix's beautiful display but I realized that running is only fun when you stick with it and make goals along the way. 

Matt and I have signed up for a half marathon in Yakima May 18th and I couldn't be more excited.

So when I was asked if I wanted to run a 5K with some amazing ladies and get color bombed I said YES!


Well, actually at first I said maybe and then I said yes. 

I was helping plan the fabulous Jody Johnson's baby shower right after the race and was a little worried I'd still be multi colored for the social event of the season. I read up on how to get myself decolor bombed and came across one helpful little tip to put oil in your hair... this is why I look like a grease ball in these pictures. Sexy, I know. 




We, or maybe just I, was so excited to get a picture of us all jumping in the air after the finish line. 
Didn't it work out great?!



My early morning running buddy. Love this girl!

The race was a blast! BUT I have decided that I'm leaving the color bombing to non running occasions and heres why. 


Please note my tie-die arms. Color bombs+ sweat= embarrassing. And if you're really cool and sweat a lot on your upper lip while running like me, you get an awesome lip liner affect. 







2 comments:

  1. Awesome! So proud of you running goddess! Can't wait to cheer to on in the half!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so obvious in the pictures that your first 5k run was a total blast. The interesting part of the run was when you got color bombed, but it's more amusing when you got even. Hahaha! Participating in something like this is really fun, especially when you have buddies who are so willing to look crazy. Haha! You guys surely had an amazing experience. Congratulations to all of you!

    Gil Bergeron @ Fitness Together

    ReplyDelete