Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Friday, April 19, 2013

Easter Weekend.

Easter was really close to my Birthday this year. It was also the nicest weather we've had in a long time. I refused to slave away in the kitchen while the sun was shining so we held an easter feast the following week.


Can you blame me?






William started teething over Easter weekend...  




Don't worry, I told him to stop that... after I finished filming him...







Our egg hunt happened earlier in the week. 




 I forgot his Easter basket like the great mother I am.





William kept seeing eggs and saying, "A ball! A ball! It's a ball!" Once he realized that you could open the "ball" and candy was inside he was a little overwhelmed. 


 Changing his strategy and "finding" the eggs Evelyn has already securely placed inside her basket. 
opps.
On Easter Saturday we had an egg hunt of our own.


Matt got The American Tail and Fievel Goes West for himself  William. 




Please excuse the stroller in our living room. I can't remember why it was there but It was totally on purpose. 




I tried to keep most of his basket sugar free but figured a few eggs would be fine. 


















We had to teach William that you actually take off the foil before you bite. 


A Rant.

Easter is the one holiday where I always wish I was in Canada.
Was mine the only Canadian family who hid these little foil eggs instead of the plastic ones? Here everyone does the plastic ones with candy inside. I have nothing against the larger plastic eggs but in Canada we do chocolate. We do chocolate well. Sure there are delicious chocolate eggs here too but they cost way more. In Canada, even cheep chocolate is delicious. This year I came across these.


Labeled "extra creamy" but I was still skeptical... given my strong dislike for Hershey's.... so I bought a bag before Easter. I'd eat a few and if they were gross I would be disappointed but less disappointed than if I had found out on Easter itself. We ate the whole bag and I got another, for Easter. They were good. Not Cadbury but Hershey's good. I looked on the back and they were made in Canada. 
For the record: Yes, Cadbury can be purchased in the great U.S.A BUT on the back it says Hershey's U.S.A. In other words Cadbury has fooled one to many americans but they're not fooling me. Shame on you Cadbury!! And please, next Easter will someone PLEASE send me Cadbury mini eggs FROM CANADA!! 

After thinking about this rant it reminded me about the time my Dad took me to McDonalds. He asked for a Coke and when the person gave it to him my Dad took a sip and said, "That's Pepsi"
After a heated (on my Dad's end) argument discussion the worker opened up the machine and the bags had in fact been switched. He gave my Dad a Coke and we left. 

In summary

David Westbrook 1        Mc Donalds    0

Cadbury U.S.A    Fail 










No comments:

Post a Comment