Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Thursday, November 29, 2012

One Year

I wanted to sit down and write about William turning one and all the things he is up to. Now that he's  13 months, I've gotten to it...

This has been once crazy year filled with almost every emotion known to man, and a few I made up on the spot. William has gone form a tiny new born to an energetic, strong-willed and independent little person. 
        Minutes old.
I remember being so surprised at how tiny he was. 6 pounds and 14 ounces of a little string bean, made just for me.  


One month.


Two months.


Three months.


Four months.


Five months exactly, on my birthday.


Six months and still one of my favorite pictures.


Seven months.


Eight months.


Nine months.



Ten months.


Eleven months.


ONE YEAR


At one year William CAN.

Crawl faster and quieter then you would expect- very sneaky!
"Walk" while holding onto walls or furniture.
Cry, when you take something away he was playing with.
Talk. He will say Mom, Dad, giggle/tickle (not sure which one he means) sounds like, ge-go. He has said peek-a-boo once but it was really clear. 
Copy sounds when you ask him to.
"Jump" He does the jumping motion but his feet say on the ground. 
Get his stuffed dog, Sprocket when you say, "William where's Sprocket?" 
Play catch by himself or with others. He favors throwing to the left, so that's where you should be sitting, or it's not much fun.
Cry and scream when I brush his teeth.
Put his blocks away... only when he's in the mood and I make a big deal of it.
Push his toy car ALL around the house.
Sleep like a Boss, 13 hours at night with one nap in the day.
Play peek-a-boo all day and everyday. It never gets old.
Crawl to the bathroom when you say it's bath-time. 
Throw his food when he's done eating.
Free stand.
Open the bathroom door.
Reach things off the counter that you thought were out of reach...

At one year William CAN'T

Feed himself anything that is not finger food, I don't trust him yet- WAY too messy!
Walk. I am nervous and excited for this. He is getting too heavy to carry but I like not having to chase him everywhere. He has taken a step sideways but not forward. Okay, one time, but I manipulated the situation entirely and he fell flat on his face. Not doing that again. 
Wave hello or clap. He will clap other objects together but refuses to clap his hands and will look away when I try to get him to wave.
He used to give a high-five but has since decided that is stupid and now refuses that too. 


We made it! I am loving this stage and am so glad he is not a new born anymore. He was cute don't get me wrong but it's so nice living blow-out and spit up free with a child that sleeps. Happy day.








1 comment:

  1. What a year! So glad I got to see William grow during the vast majority of it. Going through the pictures I can't help but say two things: 1) Was William ever that tiny? He was seriously such a little thing! Now he's so sturdy and strong. 2) The picture of him naked with the shoes is ADORBS. File that one away for the wedding video...

    ReplyDelete