Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Sold My Soul

If someone were to ask me what I did in 2012 I would say,

I got to hang out with the sweetest, sometimes cranky, little boy. I learned how to be a Mother. I made mistakes and learned some new tricks. I went to the Coldplay concert! I took up running, rocked out to Imagine Dragons and ran longer and faster than I ever had before. I took up reading, actual novels and not US weekly. I did a lot of experimenting in the kitchen and created a few recipes that are now some of our favorite things. Oh yeah... and I sold my soul for some felt, 4 for a dollar.


Let me explain.
But first you must understand- IT WAS WORTH IT!

Meet William's Quiet Book


I know what you're thinking. Isn't that the same fabric as the table cloth from William's party?
Yeah. SO?

Or you might be thinking... Isn't that a horrendous sewing job? Do those handles even match up? Did you have a pattern? Are you blind?
Yes. No. No. No, just retarded. 


I made the pages like a binder so that I can take them in and out. Obviously this is HUGE and I would look crazy carrying this around so I can select the pages and order I prefer. Also, and most importantly, I can add to it. 


This is the alphabet, if you were confused. You can velcro the letters on and off to put them in order. Or just rip them off and eat them, if you're William. 


The animals are finger puppets and come out of the train.


The egg lifts up to a baby dinosaur.




The pieces come out of the bucket and make a sandcastle


Make your own ice cream parlor 



Match the sock's once they come out of the dryer. These match up with magnets


 Unbutton the apples and put in the box.




Boarding Air Canada.


The helicopter unsnaps to fly around and the truck carries the luggage to load the plane.


William the astronaut 


The rocket lands on the moon to visit an alien


One more close up of William the astronaut haha


So impressed to be in space. 

 Mix and match to create your robot.


This is an educational page, mostly for me. The planets come out and you put them in order.


So if you've seen me in the last 3 months looking a little disheveled, now you know...
I chose to quiet book instead of shower.
You're welcome


















4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS! I want every single page. Especially William the astronaut. I love his face! Looks like so much fun and a TON of work. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I have to say is YES! YES! YES! YES! Yes, it looks amazing, Yes, I want to come over and finish my quiet book with you, Yes William is going to love it, and Yes you sold your soul...for a good cause though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes a good friend be honest and say that I did infact sell my soul, but an even better friend to sell hers with too. You're awesome Syd, can't wait to finish yours!

      Delete
  3. I love it! How crafty you are, very impressed darlin!

    ReplyDelete