Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Saturday, January 21, 2012

How else?

Just before dinner Matt and I were playing with William. He was lying on his back flapping his arms and legs like crazy. He has grabbed a few of his toys and moved them in his hands recently and I wanted Matt to witness it. William did not disappoint. He grabbed his rattle off the ground and shook it. While it was not the most coordinated of movements, it looked pretty intentional. As I smiled even bigger and got excited he seemed to do the same. It got me to wondering if he was just reacting to my excitement or if he knew his mother was cheering him on. 

There is just something about this little boys face that makes me want to believe he catches and understands more then he leads on. How else would he know the precise moment to spit up ALL OVER new clean cloths when I sit him up.... or as we are leaving out the door for church? How else would he have the timing just right to poop seconds after I change his diaper? How else would he know to make a funny face just as the flash goes off?




Babies.... They get away with everything.





2 comments:

  1. Haha too funny! I think babies get a kick out of doing those things to us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Emma! Hope I get to meet the little kiddo someday! We got our highchair at Walmart and I love it! Good luck with the search.

    ReplyDelete