Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

so, what's new with you?

I think we can all agree that I'm basically the worst at keeping this blog updated, so lets just move past that.

A lot has been happening for our family in the last few months. So here's a quick update:

Since moving to Klamath Falls, last August, I enrolled in school. I've been working towards my set aside goal of becoming a dental hygienist. I've been doing really well and enjoying it more than expected.  I am currently done with summer classes and have a longer break until Fall term starts up. I wouldn't have been able to do so well without Matt and his willingness to help and support me in my goals. Another large shout out goes to my 3.5 year old for still taking a two hour nap at the same time as his brother. It would have been impossible without these two things. 

Oh, and we bought our first home in February.


We've been DIY-ing up a storm and I've been realizing how much I dislike DIY in general. 

Here's what it looked like before


Our first project was the new roof (we did not DIY this).


Roofing is loud and messy. 

Second project was the stairs. As you can see they were not pretty or safe.




William idolized our carpenter and he was kind enough to let William watch most of the time. 


Now they are both pretty and safe. 


Even though I had absolutely nothing to do with the actual construction of the stairs, the process was  exhausting.  I learned that I've watched too much HGTV and have unrealistic expectations on time lines... Without the Property Brothers, things take much longer. 

This is my favorite room in the whole house. I have always wanted a formal dinning room (to display the china from my grandmother) and having one is just as awesome as I thought it would be. 


I love it mostly because every night we get to see the most beautiful sunsets.


My other favorite thing would have to be our front door. Call me crazy but I love a good door. This one comes with an old mail slot. William retrieves the mail each day and thinks it's pretty magical. I do too. 


My Dad and I recently painted the front door yellow on the outside and I love it. 


Here's our living room with bare walls. I have such commitment issues when it comes to hanging pictures. I have yet to collect exactly what I'm looking for. 


I am envisioning a large mantel with christmas stockings right now... 

Here's the before



Here's our kitchen, for which I have big plans.



Those doors are another favorite feature because they open right up to the backyard and let me keep and eye on the boys while I'm cooking. 

All of my extra moments go towards schoolwork and painting. We have painted almost every room in this house and all I have to say is that Painting. Is. The. Worst.
I never want to paint again. 

Despite my feelings about painting, working on our home together has been rewarding and even sentimental. 

BUT... now we are saying good-bye.

I did not expect to love Klamath Falls as much as I have. I did not expect to make such wonderful forever friends. I didn't ever want to leave Oregon, unless it meant moving back to Canada and when we bought our home we expected to be here for another 5-7 years. 
 About a month ago Matt got a call from a previous employer (from two of his internships in Salt Lake) and they said that they had a position for him... in Florida.  At first we laughed, then we considered it, then we flew there to check it out and somehow we decided it was too great of an opportunity to pass up. 
So in about a week, we are moving to St. Cloud, FL just Southeast of Orlando.

Just when I thought we were done moving all the time...


Sad to say good-bye to this street


So there it is, that's whats new with us. 














2 comments:

  1. I maybe teared up reading this. So happy for you guys though. What a great adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me - if you had a television deal and a professional contractor on your side you'd "DIY" just as quickly and awesomely as the Property Brothers. They have upped my expectations to unrealistic levels too, so I have to remember that.

    ReplyDelete