Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Hero-up

We had a pretty rocking September. First we went up to Portland for our second annual HERO UP HALF. Due to pregnancies I have yet to run the half marathon, 2015 will be my year. 

Because I know nothing about super heroes I did a quick google search, "red head super heroes." Turns out there are quite a few. I decided on Ms. Poison Ivy because I thought the costume could be made easily enough. I underestimated the discomfort involved in running with fake leaves hot glued to my crotch- rookie mistake. Matt's costume was more functional. 

A trip to Portland is always a fun time. We stayed with the Johnson's and documented the start of the day with a classy bathroom superhero selfie. 


This particular race means a lot to me and I love going to support the cause. I always get emotional watching the little super heroes run. The best part is getting to spend time with these great people. It makes me so happy that I almost burst!




Running photos of me never really translate well. As you can see, I went from Poison Ivy to Praying Mantis. 

Paul was the cutest little Captain America I've ever seen.



We ran with Marci and Rocky for all of the 5k. I was so impressed with Rocky's super hero speed and stamina. It was such a sweet thing to witness and made me want to run races with my boys some day. 



 Dear Sydney, I miss you every day! I would happily be your sister wife... with the exception of sharing the same husband.


Just a couple of super hero red heads



The guys



I won "best villain" for the costume contest, which was awesome because I didn't even know that Poison Ivy was a villain. 


Even after finding out that she has questionable morals and a villainous way about her, it was a proud moment. Maybe one day I'll win a prize for my speed during a race but for now I'll count glue gunned leaf underwear as a win. 

1 comment:

  1. I cried and laughed while reading this. It makes me miss you SO much. And you were the most attractive poison ivy I've ever seen! Also... The Klamath falls post! You are hilarious! Loved loved reading that.

    ReplyDelete