Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Canada Day

As in last July 1st...

Our camera has been missing for months and last week Matt found it!!! So now, Canada Day.

But first, this picture of Paul.


Now, Canada Day is very important to me. It is one of my most favorite holidays and here's why:

Poutine.
Glorious and fatty poutine.

You might say, "You can eat poutine any day." And while yes, you can, I choose to not be 800 pounds and reserve it for Canada day where I can consume hot and gooey cholesterol and be patriotic about it.

Also, Nanaimo bars.



Every year I try to get some friends together and celebrate. 
My parents send me Canadian treats to hand out as prizes and I love it.



 Aren't these girls and their Canadian sugar cookies the cutest?! Oh I miss these faces!


I may have cried a little while going through the camera. 



I decided to make a Canadian Mountie and have the kids play pin-the-hat-on-the-mountie.

I should probably be submitting these original hat designs to Stephen Harper for spring 2015. 


Brandon said he wanted to dress Canadian and I think he nailed it.

As usual I did the "group" shot after people had already left, cause I'm awesome.
  And there's clearly a smug on our camera lens
 But it was still a great day and an amazing time with cool people celebrating the mother land.

Plus melting cheese curds.



No comments:

Post a Comment