Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Oregon Coast


This years Spring break was extra special--it was Matt's last one. It's hard to believe that Law School is wrapping up (in two weeks) and we will be leaving Eugene (in two and a half months) but that's another post.

Spring break coincided with my birthday once again.  It was a magical week of sleeping in and family time. Well, sleeping in relatively speaking/not at all.

We took the boys to the Zoo in Portland. This was William's (and Paul's) first time at a zoo and they LOVED it. It took William all of five minutes to figure it out and he began to chime in and say, "Okay let's  go see another animal!" I think his favourites were the fish and the sea otters because he could watch them swim all around him and walk right up to the glass. Paul was a stud and slept in his stroller the entire time. We had so much fun and completely forgot to take pictures. William is just getting old enough to really enjoy things like this and I loved watching him react to the animals and make their corresponding noises.  I have many fond memories of the Toronto Zoo growing up and it was fun to share a similar moment with my boys.

When it came time to go home Matt decided he wanted to go to the coast, so we took a large detour home and drove to the ocean. Growing up on an island I can confidently say not many things make me happier than dipping my feet in to the freezing cold ocean. Now I know there is one thing that beats it-- having my son do it with me.




Normally, I'm not a fan of kissing photos but because you can see William freaking out in the background, I love this picture.


We made it in just enough time to watch the sun set. We payed for William's late night the next day but it was worth it. I would never have taken William on an all day car ride when he was 5 weeks old but Paul as the classic second child didn't really get a say.





I know this makes me sound like a hippie BUT there is something about the power of the ocean that instantly makes me happy. Simply put--the ocean is my drug.



William was a little timid at first (It was FREEZING) but after just a few minutes I had to run after him so he wouldn't go out too far. Man that boy can run!










please note the almond in my tooth. 




William foot prints


William kept making these little sand piles and laughing hysterically at them.





This day made me so happy! William is getting to an age that is SO MUCH FUN! 



No comments:

Post a Comment