Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Matthew. Emma. William. Paul

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Nailed it




Perhaps you've seen this picture circulating Pinterest. It's my favorite. Every time I see it, I laugh uncontrollably.

Keeping this picture in mind, I recently had a few "Nailed it!" moments of being a mother.

William, Matt and I have exactly 750 sq ft of living space and William is no longer crawling. As a result, William likes to walk laps around the house. Yesterday I took pity on him and decided to go out, somewhere he could really roam free and have fun. There was one problem- It's freezing cold out side!! Since Will wont let me put a hat or mittens on him I thought the Mall play area would be a perfect option. But alas,  how wrong I was. 
We'd been before and he'd had a blast. This time he discovered there was no gate keeping him in. "I could escape and explore this whole place!" he thought. And try and try and try and try and try and try he did. It was so relaxing...
Because I like to keep things classy, I decided to run at full speed when he had, again, left the designated play area for the millionth time. Insert child, also running at full speed. SMASH! I plowed right into another child. I didn't even check to see if she was okay before I continued running to catch my child. After returning sheepishly with William in my arms, I tried to locate the parent who's child I just assaulted. Nailed it!

This morning while getting ready I heard water splashing. Immediately I went to investigate. The culprit? William splashing around in the toilet bowl and then trying to lap up the water and drink it. I screamed like a 13-year-old girl and scooped him up and sterilized everything in sight. Gross! Nailed it William. Curse the person who designed our apartment and put these handles on the doors.


 How the crap am I supposed to baby proof that?


1 comment:

  1. HA HA HA! You just made my day. First off, when you nailed that girl at the mall -awesome- secondly I can totally relate! Im sorry! Just wait till he starts climbing on the kitchen table and jumping without fear, thinking you will catch him. ;) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete